Broadening Participation in Computer Science
- [2013-Present] Faculty Adviser for WiCS, 2013-Present
Women In Computer Science(WiCS) is NCSU CSC Department’s student organization, ACM-W chapter whose mission is to support, promote and retain women in computer science by providing opportunities for personal and professional development, social interaction, and outreach.
- [2015-Present] Grace Hopper Conference Faculty Coordinator
Lead our department’s representation at GHC as an academic sponsor. I also manage travel scholarships and mentor students attending the celebration.
- [2021-2023] 3C Cultural Competence in Computing Fellow (2nd Cohort)
- [2015-Present] Teaching Growth Mindset
I teach Growth vs. Fixed Mindset theory in all my courses. In CSC113 I helped create series videos which are watched by the students throughout the semester. These videos include interviews with students and faculty from our department as well as industry representatives. Importance of Computing Video, Growth Mindset Video and Computing in the Real World.
Department & University Service
-  Member, NCSU Nomination Committee for Dean of the College of Engineering
-  Invited Member, NCSU’s Post COVID Instruction and Student Support Task Force
- [2020-present] Member, Diversity in Admissions and Matriculation (DAM) Committee
- [2016-2019] Member of the Strategic Planning Committee
- [2023-2024] Junior/Senior Program co-Chair (SIGCSE TS’23, SIGCSE TS’24)
- [2018-2022] BoFs, Demos<s, Poster Co-Chair (SIGCS TS’18 to SIGCSE TS’22)
- [2019-Present] Member of the Academic Track Committee at Grace Hopper Celebration
- - Local Planning Committee for ASEE SE’19 Annual Conference at NCSU
- Reviewer for ACM’s SIGCSE TS, ICER, ITiCSE, TOCE Journal, Journal of Computer Science Education; Grace Hopper and Tapia Celebrations; ASEE Conference